Bedhead's happy hat-wearers
Reversible Baby Flap Sun Hat - Sprig / Steele
100% Linen & UPF50+ Excellent Protection
Bedhead Heritage Lounger Baby Flap Hats are light on heads, making them the ideal first hat for babies as they forget they’re wearing them! The soft flap lies flat behind baby’s neck while they’re in a pram or baby carrier, and the brim is slightly upright letting them see the world. Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which can self-cool in summer and warm in winter, the Lounger hat provides UPF50+ sun protection without overheating little heads.
Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating solid colour on the other, you get two hats for the price of one. Adjustable ties at the back of the crown allow the perfect fit to be achieved, and elasticated straps tie sweetly into a bow under chins to keep hats in place while little ones get accustomed to something on their heads. The elastic in the ties allows stretch and comfort, and ensures the ties aren’t too tight.
A modern take on everyone’s favourite: stripe! In white, blue and greys, it’s an easy-wear go-with-most-things pattern! Sprig is available in Flap Hat, Bonnet and Classic Bucket.
Best suited to: newborns, crawlers and toddlers still using prams, strollers, car seats, carriers and slings. Best style to convert stubborn hat-haters as they’re harder to pull off and not within their eyeline.
- Specially designed for wear in prams and baby carriers.
- Soft back flap sits flat under baby’s neck whilst laying in pram.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and coordinating plain-colour on the other.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Earthy colours and patterns inspired by nature for timeless style.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements).
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Anti-flop but non-rigid brims for a lightweight feel.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
NOTE: Chin ties can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors!
No two heads are the same, so it’s always best to measure your child’s head to get the ideal fit.
Step 1: Distract the child with a toy or food (so they don't try and help you!).
Step 2: Use a measuring tape to take measurement. Otherwise use a ribbon to take the size then use a ruler to find the measurement.
Step 3: Choose a hat size with the smallest measurement closest to your child's head measurement. Our Lounger Flap Hats have adjustable ties in the crown to get the perfect fit to your child’s head size with a 4cm range in each hat. By choosing the smallest size of the range, you will get the most wear out of it.
FOR EXAMPLE: If your child’s head measures 43cm, you will want the 42-46cm hat to ensure plenty of future wear. If your child’s head is measuring 45cm, it’s best to go to the 46cm-50cm as you can pull in the ties to make the hat size 46cm.
Need help? Watch our video on how to measure your childs head, alternatively, email us at email@example.com we'd be happy to offer advice.
BRIM DEPTH - 'Lounger' Flap Hat
|0-3 mth / 38-42cm / XXS||5.5cm||7.5cm|
|3-6 mth / 42-46cm / XS||6cm||8cm|
|6-12 mth / 46-50cm / S||6.5cm||8.5cm|
|1-3 years / 50-54cm / M||7cm||9cm|
|Regular Post||$7.95 flat rate Australia wide|
|Express Post||$10.95 flat rate Australia wide|
|Australia wide on orders over $100|
Throughout this Covid-19 crisis, all international shipping will be paused to all countries except NEW ZEALAND.
All New Zealand orders are shipped with Australia Post. Duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer. For more information, please visit our shipping information page.
|Number of Hats||New Zealand|
*All International Shipping costs listed in AUD.
We understand that sometimes everything seems to go wrong.
Don't stress - we accept returns of new unworn items with tags still attached for the exchange of a different size or refund if required. Only full priced items are accepted for return, no sale/discounted items. Goods need to be returned within 30 days of purchase.
TO RETURN: Please notify us by email to request a return - firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include details of the product you wish to recieve in exchange. You will be given delivery details to post back the item (at your cost). Bedhead Hats will on receipt of the returned item, send out the replacement item (at our cost).
Store credits are not available. View full returns policy here.