Not too sweet, not too savoury, they're the perfect in-between. They're also great to make mini gingerbread house walls out of at Christmas time if you're not a gingerbread-flavoured kind of person. Inspired by our Sweetie print, we cut them into hearts and decorated with Royal Icing and some heart-shaped sprinkled from Coles.
225g butter, softened
85g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups plain flour
1. Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and mix.
2. Add egg, salt and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add flour and mix.
4. Wrap dough in cling wrap and place in fridge for several hours or overnight
5. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and cut
6. Bake at 180C until edges start to brown.
7. Cool completely and ice
Mix one egg white with around 1.5 cups icing sugar, a few drops of vanilla extract until smooth. Add colour if desired. Add more icing sugar if too runny, add milk if too dry. The consistency should be a slow drip off a knife!
ENJOY! Love a heart shape? Check out our Sweetie print from our new Autumn/Winter collection!
The term ‘Bedhead Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 59650152438. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.