Thing is, the original kind of dried, pressed flower takes time and sometimes, we're pressed for it ourselves! So a cheat's version is on the cards! Quick, easy and oh-so modern, this way of pressing flowers is simple and takes minutes - perfect for making some bookmarks, cards or other gifts for Mother's Day which will be here before you know it! Here's how!
Heavy microwave-safe dish or plates
1. Place picked flowers face down on paper towel. Cut stems to fit microwave if required.
2. Cover flowers with paper towel.
3. Place heavy microwave-safe dish or a couple of plates on top of the paper towel to press flowers down.
4. Cook for 90 seconds on medium power.
5. If still wet, cook in 30-second bursts and let air dry.
6. Frame and hang!
We framed ours on a double-glass frame so the flowers seemingly float! You could use yours to make cards or stick onto cardboard bookmarks and cover with clear contact paper.
This craft was inspired by our beautiful new Lucy print - part of our Autumn/Winter 2022 collection! Available in Bonnet, Flap Hat, Panelled Bucket or Ladies Sun Hat (above). Shop the Lucy print here.
The term ‘Bedhead Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 59650152438. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.