How does a little paper weaving sound? It's actually quite a relaxing thing to do and the results can be pretty stunning (dare you to Pinterest it if you want a real challenge!) - we thought our Noah check would work nicely as a bookmark and looky here! It did! Here's how to DIY.
Coloured paper or cardboard. For these colours you can print out our ready-to-cut printables here
Thin cardboard (a cereal box is always great)
Clear contact paper
1. Cut along the lines of one of the sheets of paper to your desired width but just fringe it (cut up to the white border but then stop). For the other two sheets, cut into strips.
2. Tape the top of the fringed bookmark to the table or floor - this makes it easier to work with.
3. Start weaving! You can play around with different patterns or just do a simple weave like this one.
4. Continue until you have the desired length. Carefully turn over and glue a piece of cardboard to the back of it.
5. Once smoothed over, cut a bookmark along the lines you've created.
6. Cover the back and front with clear contact paper (or laminate it!). Cut around the bookmark leaving a slight border so the contact paper sticks together to really seal the bookmark in place. Cut a hole in the top and tie on some string! Done!
Noah is available in Flap Hat, Classic Bucket and Ladies Sun Hat. Shop all our beautiful new Autumn/Winter prints here.
The term ‘Bedhead Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 59650152438. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.