Bedhead's happy hat-wearers
Girls Reversible Sun Hat - Polly / Flax
100% Linen & UPF50+ Excellent Protection
Shapely and stylish with a deep panelled crown, our girl’s bucket hats are light and cool on heads, making them hats kids don’t even realise they’re wearing! Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which can self-cool in summer and warm in winter, the Wanderer hat provides UPF50+ sun protection without overheating heads. The wide brims shield eyes and faces all year round, while the woven interfacing and thin cord edge in the brim gives a little more flexibility and shape without flopping in eyes.
Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating solid colour on the other, you get two hats for the price of one. Adjustable ties at the back of the crown allow the perfect fit to be achieved, and elasticated straps tie sweetly into a bow under chins to keep hats in place. The elastic in the ties allows stretch and comfort, and ensures the ties aren’t too tight.
Our Wanderer hats coordinate beautifully with our Lounger Flap Hats, Seeker Bonnets and Vacationer Ladies hats for a matchy-matchy look across ages.
A sweet white daisy print for the more subtle sisters! Sweetly pink when you want it to be, but switch over to the natural stone and you’ll see just a hint of pink – prefect to pair with the more neutral clothes. Available in Baby Flap Hat, Bonnet and Panelled Bucket.
Best suited to: Independent kids on the move - perfect for outdoor adventures!
- Lightweight and comfortable for kids who fuss over hats.
- Wide brims with a slightly longer back for feminine style.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and coordinating plain-colour on the other.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Earthy colours and patterns inspired by nature for timeless style.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements).
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Slightly flexible and shapeable brims for a more flowy feel without the flop.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
NOTE: Chin ties can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors!
No two heads are the same, so it’s always best to measure your child’s head to get the ideal fit.
Step 1: Distract the child with a toy or food (so they don't try to help you!).
Step 2: Use a measuring tape to take the measurement. Otherwise, use a ribbon to take the size then use a ruler to find the measurement.
Step 3: Choose a hat size with the smallest measurement closest to your child's head measurement. Our Wanderer Panelled Bucket Hats have adjustable ties in the crown to get the perfect fit to your child’s head size with a 4cm range in each hat. By choosing the smallest size of the range, you will get the most wear out of it.
FOR EXAMPLE: If your child’s head measures 51cm, you will want the 50-54cm hat to ensure plenty of future wear. If your child’s head is measuring 53cm, it’s best to go to the 54-58cm as you can pull in the ties to make the hat size 54cm.
Need help? Watch our video on how to measure your childs head, alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we'd be happy to offer advice.
BRIM DEPTH - 'Wanderer' Panelled Bucket
|6 - 12mth / 46 - 50cm / S||6cm||8.5cm|
|1 - 3 years / 50 - 54cm / M||6.5cm||9cm|
|3 - 6 years / 54 - 58cm / L||7cm||9.5cm|
|6 - 13 years / 58 - 62cm / XL||7.5cm||10cm|
|Regular Post||$6.95 flat rate Australia wide|
|Express Post||$10.95 flat rate Australia wide|
|FREE Post||Australia wide on orders over $100|
All our international orders are shipped with DHL Global Mail. Duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer. For more information, please visit our shipping information page.
|Number of Hats||New Zealand||Rest of the World|
*All International Shipping costs listed in AUD.
We understand that sometimes everything seems to go wrong.
Don't stress - we accept returns of new unworn items with tags still attached for the exchange of a different size or refund if required. Only full priced items are accepted for return, no sale/discounted items. Goods need to be returned within 30 days of purchase.
TO RETURN: Please notify us by email to request a return - email@example.com. Remember to include details of the product you wish to recieve in exchange. You will be given delivery details to post back the item (at your cost). Bedhead Hats will on receipt of the returned item, send out the replacement item (at our cost).
Store credits are not available. View full returns policy here.